Side chrono is currently one of the simpliest and yet most powerful duelist. Using high boon uptime and conditions to slowly but surely kill your opponent. It excels against power builds but really struggles into conditions.
This build relies on a very slow playstyle, rotating defensives. As a chronomancer most of your defensive also have an offensive effect. Most of your cooldowns must be used as often as possible but in the right way!
- On staff you will want to auto attack as much as possible and keep clones up to autoattack with you to pressure your opponent. Make sure to try to keep some distance as doing so, you do not want to directly trade damage with melee classes. Use
Chaos Storminside of Continuum Shiftto gain extra Phase Retreat. Try to be in melee range for Phase Retreatas it will Blindedclose targets.
- On scepter/shield range isn’t as important. You heavily rely on
Illusionary Counterfor damage. Make sure you always block an ability with it. Illusionary Countercan be spammed off cooldown but make sure to block something with it as it will give you access to another cast of it.Only use Illusionary Counterafter hitting Illusionary Counter.
- Shatters and wells are a very important part of this build. They both give you access to
Alacrity. One charge of Split Secondshould always be on cooldown. Split Secondcan also be spammed, be aware it also gives you a lot of Mightdue to Rune of the Aristocracyso you want to deal as much damage as possible after it.
- Chronomancer has access to both minor daze to interrupt and long cc abilities to burst.
Time Sink, Chaos Stormand Method of Madnessare a part of the first category. You can use them as often as you want to interrupt an enemy or cover an ability. Tides of Timeis a long cc you can use on your own as it provides you with Mightand Alacrity. Gravity Wellis your longest cc, make sure to use it to fully finish a kill or when an ally comes to outnumber the enemy with you so you can quickly secure a kill.
- Every well heals you at the end of it so make sure to always be in it when it ends. Use
Well of Eternityearly as most of its healing comes when it ends. It is also your only cleanse.
- Like every mesmer you have access to
Distortionas somewhat of a panic button. If outnumbered you can cast clones before using Distortionto give it longer duration.