At Hardstuck, we aim to develop a community within Guild Wars 2 that strives to achieve a mutually beneficial goal for true end-game content: having fun! We do so by promoting and adhering to the values of FUN, EMPATHY, INTEGRITY, COOPERATION, EQUITY, INCLUSIVITY, ACCOUNTABILITY, RESPECT and COMMUNICATION.
READ THE DAMN THING
As a member of Hardstuck, your actions reflect on the organization as a whole. We expect all members to uphold the following principles:
- Treat others with respect. Discriminatory behavior (including, but not limited to, sexism, racism, homophobia, transphobia, ableism, ageism) will not be tolerated.
- Do not participate in slander or engage in discussions that might undermine your fellow teammates, guild members, the community, or game developers.
- Maintain a professional, friendly, welcoming demeanor. Do not foster “clique” behavior; strive to promote inclusivity. Memes are great, but be aware when your jokes might be causing others to feel isolated or mocked.
- Be courteous and civil. If you remove a player from your squad, communicate your intentions in a mature and congenial way. If you’re playing in a squad, treat the commander and other players with respect.
- Bullying or threatening behavior is not tolerated. Avoid singling out any individual or group and refrain from “witch-hunting” on any platform (including, but not limited to, GW2 forums, Reddit, LFG system, in-game chats, and social media). We do not entertain stalking, harassing, or targeting of any sort.
- Be mindful of actions that might make others feel left out. We understand that some groups in Hardstuck are attempting difficult content — speed runs, challenge motes, etc. We do not expect you to include everyone, but we do require your expectations to be clearly communicated and for you to handle discrepancies in a considerate and friendly fashion. No need to be toxic! Take the high road.
- Never mislead players to achieve your goals in-game, on social media/streams, or elsewhere. This includes urging players to leave a map under false pretenses, in any game mode.
- Seek peaceful resolutions for problems. If interpersonal difficulties arise (in-game, on Twitch, in Discord, or elsewhere) with other members, including the Hardstuck Team or Leadership Team, pursue a course that does not inflame the issue. If you would like to escalate a problem, contact a Moderator or Leadership Member, and your issue will be taken seriously and responded to efficiently.
- Hardstuck was not formed to cater to one subset of players. All players, of every level of experience, and in all game modes, have a place in the community. We recognize that players have dedicated areas of interest, but these should never be forced on others, nor should other players’ interests be disregarded or looked upon negatively.
- All team members are expected to adhere to the NCSoft, ArenaNet and Guild Wars 2 Terms of Service. This applies to Twitch, Discord and any other platform or social media used in connection with your Guild Wars 2 presence.
Thank you for taking the time to read the Hardstuck Code of Conduct and being a part of our community! If you have any questions, or if you believe a Hardstuck member is in violation of our values and/or displaying misconduct, please contact Moderation.
Do you share our values? Do you want to make the game experience for all community members better with us?