In the past, Scrapper held a crucial role as the main healer and condition cleanser in large-scale battles. However, due to recent game updates, its support capabilities have been surpassed by the exceptional support provided by vindicator, druid, and tempest classes. While Scrapper still offers valuable support, many players now prefer the alternative options for their group compositions in challenging encounters. Keep in mind that each class brings unique strengths, and understanding their roles can help you make informed choices for your team’s success in battles.
Scrapper has access to Gyros and Kits which are your main sources of healing, condition cleanse, boons and superspeed. Kits are skills that you “enter” and upon initial activation replace all five of your weapon skills with ones that correspond to said Kit. Gyro skills are wells, which follow you around when activated, with the exception of the
As a support class staying alive should be prioritized above all else, after all, you can’t provide much support if you’re dead. You can help to keep your HP above zero through tactful use of dodging, blocking, and positioning. Luckily, you can also gain assistance in this from your allies, be it from receiving boons like
Your positioning is particularly important as many skills are both directional and channelled. As a Scrapper you’ll want to stay slightly behind the bulk of your squad so that you can more reliably land your support skills on allies in need. Maintaining this position also allows you the ability to shift attention to the tail end of your squad and provide support if they encounter any trouble.
- Keep allies healed up with healing from traits and
- Consistently cleanse conditions from allies with kits and weapon skill/ field combo’s.
- Give allies
Superspeedto get them through pushes and spikes, or to help the tail catch up.
Provide Stability on Range Spike moments and help mitigate damage
Some of your weapon skills have strong support utility and have relatively short cool downs. Timing is key when to use them and understanding how to use them effectively will help your groups sustain. Here are a few examples,
Your main source of healing comes from your
- Any time you are not hitting other skills, you should be using
Med Blasterto keep allies topped off
- Make sure to be aiming it properly to hit as many players as possible as it will only hit allies in front of you.
- Keep in mind that it will heal allies for more each boon they have on them, so if you are converting boons on allies at the same time, they will be healed for more!
- You can also combo a water field with a blast if you really need more heals, use
Cleansing Fieldfollowed up with Infusion Bomband you may blast again with the elixir gun skill Acid Bomb Vital Burstis the best instant cast heal you have. It’s especially good to use when you need to reposition yourself, because it heals around you and not just in front of you
- Your F1,
Bandage Self, is a decent burst heal because of Medical Dispersion Field.
- It additionally activates
- It additionally activates
Bandage Blasthas the potential to be your biggest spike heal, you can get up to a 9k+ heal if you hit every bandage. Try using it right next to allies to maximize how many land
- It also affects downstates, so it can be used to help revive allies
- You can also heal with elixir gun 5
Super Elixirbut it is mostly used for cleansing on clashes.
You have several extremely strong cleanse skills which you can cycle through regularly to keep consistent cleanse up, and make sure allies aren’t falling behind due to
Fumigateis your best cleanse per second, as it hits 5 targets, and pulses 5 times, cleansing 1 condition per target each pulse
- It does not cleanse you, and it is an aimed channel, that only hits in front of you, so positioning properly when using this skill is a must, usually you use this after you cross. Look back and try to cleanse people caught stuck behind.
Cleansing Fieldbecause this is a stationary pulsing field, it’s best used as you clash into the enemy group (try to drop it slightly ahead of your group) or at times you will be standing still – on top of downstates, reviving/cleaving, or regrouping Purge Gyrois your easiest cleanse to use, as it follows you, is instant cast, and can be used while you’re stunned
- Using it just before needing to dodge through a bomb is ideal, since you don’t need to do anything to keep it pulsing
- It also gives superspeed at the end of the cast, which will help allies get through pushes if timed well
Super ElixirElixir gun 5 is another perfect skill to use on clashes or where you need pulsing heals and cleanses, it lasts 6 seconds, is a light field you can combo off of and heals!
Should you need to give
Bandage Selfhas a high cast time and ideally is used while on top of your allies due to its small radius, so make sure to use it preemptively. (Note that it will give allies 3 seconds of superspeed) Function Gyrohas a lower duration of Superspeed, but can be used at range, which makes it ideal to help out of position players.
Infusion Bombis a blast finisher which always activates on your position, regardless of where you throw it.
- You can swap into
Med Kitwhile using Fumigateas long as you don’t use any skills in the kit Acid Bomband Rocket Chargecan be cancelled with your weapon swap key or by going into a kit mid animation. Chemical Fieldshould be used on downstates to prevent resurrections as the poison will effect enemy banners. Healing Mistis your only stun break, and has a very high cooldown, use it carefully.
Sigils : Concentration, Bounty, Renewal.
Runes : Water, Nature Bounty, Dwayna, Durability.
Infusions : Concentration.
Utility : Peppermint Oil, Magnanimous Oil